Reports by ESMC and ESMRC
View the latest ESMC & ESMRC reports below – these include research reports, annual reports, and technology assessments undertaken by ESMC, ESMRC, and our technical working groups.
ESMC Reports and 2-Pagers
- ESMC Market Supply and Demand Analysis for the Western Range Region (November 2023): ESMC’s groundbreaking Eco-Harvest program quantifies on-farm and on-ranch benefits such as carbon sequestration, greenhouse gas reductions, improved water quality, and biodiversity enhancement. Two ESMC reports highlight market supply and demand for ecosystem services in the Western Range through a deep dive spanning over 100 million acres. The analysis reveals both supply and demand dynamics for ecosystem services in the region. The ‘ESMC Market Supply Analysis‘ highlights the immense potential of conservation practices in this semi-arid region, estimating significant environmental impacts including CO2 reduction and water quality improvements. The ‘ESMC Market Demand Analysis‘ examines a rapidly evolving policy landscape, with extensive ecosystem services market opportunities.
- Evaluating Water Issues to Inform Prioritization of Funding Conservation Practices (October 2023): The report, an output of ESMC’s Technical Working Groups, provides insights into the needs and challenges faced by buyers in relation to supply shed water quality within ecosystem services markets. This report delves into the critical issue of water quality and quantity (‘water use’) in the United States, driven by the mounting pressures of a growing population, shifting climate patterns, and anthropogenic activities.
- 2022 Annual Report (May 2023)
- ESMC Responses to Greenhouse Gas Protocol (GHGP) Survey on Need and Scope for Updates or Additional Guidance: Market-based Accounting Approaches (submitted March 2023)
- Markets for Ecosystem Services on Public Grazing Lands: Assessment of Potential Services and Considerations for a Successful Program (publicly released January 2023)
- 2021 Annual Report (June 2022)
- Remote Sensing Technology Assessment (released April 2022)
- Direct Measurement and Proximal Sensing Technology Assessment (released April 2022)
- Modeling and Stratification Technology Assessment (released April 2022)
- Final Report on Remoting Sensing, Direct Measurement Technology, and Modeling and Stratification Technology (released April 2022)
- Rotational Tillage Assessment White Paper: Synopsis (January 2022)
- Mississippi River Basin State Policies Relevant to Environmental Market Development: A Rapid Assessment (May 2021)
- 2020 Annual Report (released April 2021)